Re: SSI <!--#exec cmd="ls -lsa" -->

SOAVE Luca wrote:

> I' ve downloaded version 2.0 of Jigsaw on a SunOS 5.5.1 sparc Ultra-1.
> I'm interested in using SSI command like <!--#exec cmd="ls -lsa" --> end it
> work,
> ecception made for the fact I   get  half output ( i mean 20 or 30 lines max
> for client window  ).

I have also downloaded it, and tested it under Windows NT (and 95). I will
report separately other problems I've found (some fixed, some not).

> It seems to be a buffer output limit or something like that.
>
> Any sugest will be great.
> Bye
> luca.soave@omnitel.it

I had the same problem using the SSI command jdbc. I tracked the problem down to
the fact that the "Content-Length" header written is wrong. I don't know if it's
the proper solution, but it worked for me.

Add the following line

> reply.setHeaderValue(Reply.H_CONTENT_LENGTH,null) ;

to org.w3c.jigsaw.ssi.SSIFrame.java, to method handle

-----> Here

>             case HTTP.NO_CONTENT:
>             case HTTP.NOT_MODIFIED:

I don't know if something goes wrong with the merging process, a little bit up
in the same method. This patch fixes the problem, but I'm not sure why...

Maybe the experts can help us to understand.