Serving insides of zipped mirrors?

From: Miroslav Vodslon <miroslav.vodslon@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello jigsawers,

I want Jigsaw to serve any zip archive found in its document space as
if it were an ordinary document subtree, with a kind of vanilla
behaviour:

- List one level of contents of each archived directory.

- Serve any archived .htm[l] file as text/html.

- Serve anything else as application/something.

I was able to figure out how to make Jigsaw serve one particular HTML
file inside an archive by painstakingly setting up resources and
frames for each such file and for every directory on the path to that
file, with Jigadmin.

Surely there must be a less painful way ?-( Yes, I did read the pages
about indexers and I did try to set up the default indexer to serve
.zip files as ZipDirectories, but without success.)  Must I revert to
hacking Miguel Sanchez's nice miniature server zip2web?  I quite liked
some of the ideas in Jigsaw...

My Jigsaw is 2.0beta2 on Windows NT, with no changes except running
the install class and installing a test directory with a zip archive
under the document space root (Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW).

Thanks for any help,

Miroslav.