Re: Jigsaw on Linux - Servlet resource disappears from JigAdm!!!

"S.Ramaswamy" writes:

> We have been using Jigsaw2.0 beta 2 under Windows NT successfully. We
> zipped the Jigsaw from Windows NT  as it is including servlet
> configuration.to Linux box. The servlet started running fine. But
> somewhere, we suddenly started getting the error,
> http://...../servlets/MxStart not found on this server. We went to
> JigAdm and to our surprise the servlet resource under root had
> disappeared!!!

 Hum, you mean that the DirectoryResource "servlets" has disappeared?
 That can happen if the physical directory doesn't exists anymore,
 don't you forget to copy this directory?

> You had earlier mentioned about running Jigsaw with -trace option. We do
> not know how to do that? Hence I am not able to provide you with any
> more information

 Just add -trace in the command line.

> For General Information
> =================
>
> We are listing two points we observed for everyone's attention and
> comments
>
> a)   If we do not say super.init() in the servlets that we have written
> by extending HttpServlet, we get "Remote Access Exception" when we try
> to confiure the servlet from JigAdm.

 That's logical, the init method of GenericServlet initialize the
 ServletConfig. Without this Object, it's impossible to run the
 servlet.

> b) If we specify "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxStart.class" as the name of our
> servlet-class in Attribute Tab of a servlet then we get an error.
> Instead if we specify just "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxStart" then it works

 This bug has been fixed now, so it will work with the next release.

 Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team