Jigsaw on Linux - Servlet resource disappears from JigAdm!!!

From: S.Ramaswamy <srswamy@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jigsaw Mail List <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
We have been using Jigsaw2.0 beta 2 under Windows NT successfully. We
zipped the Jigsaw from Windows NT  as it is including servlet
configuration.to Linux box. The servlet started running fine. But
somewhere, we suddenly started getting the error,
http://...../servlets/MxStart not found on this server. We went to
JigAdm and to our surprise the servlet resource under root had

You had earlier mentioned about running Jigsaw with -trace option. We do
not know how to do that? Hence I am not able to provide you with any
more information

For General Information

We are listing two points we observed for everyone's attention and

a)   If we do not say super.init() in the servlets that we have written
by extending HttpServlet, we get "Remote Access Exception" when we try
to confiure the servlet from JigAdm.

b) If we specify "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxStart.class" as the name of our
servlet-class in Attribute Tab of a servlet then we get an error.
Instead if we specify just "matrix.tenza.servlet.MxStart" then it works