Filters without a proxy

From: Guido Paschke <wgp031@rzserv2.fh-lueneburg.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:49:47 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi everyone,

I want to serve a html file with a standard style sheet. The problem is
that the user
should not modify the style sheet.
The first idea was to call a servlet that reads thehtml page and puts the
style sheet link in the
reply stream. Unfortunately ( :-( I had to think first ) all links are
broken in the served document.
After studying the jigsaw doc the second was to attch a filter to a
HTTP-Frame, but in the doc I didn't found
any hints to integrate a filter in jigsaw (jigadm). Must I install jigsaw
as a proxy or is threre another way ? (perhaps
recompiling the src tree) ?

much thanx

Guido Paschke

(currenty working at http://card4u.fh-lueneburg.de)