Re: help about writing filter

From: Christopher William Turner <cwturner@cycom.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:24:22 -0500 (EST)
To: "wzh'163" <wzh'163@myhost.com>, "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

wzh'163 wrote:

> Hello
>     i hava written a file named "myDebugFilter" the same as "DebugFilter"
>     how can i use it in jigadm,please help me

I followed the instructions for configuring jigsaw as a proxy server and
found some filter properties where I could add my protocol filter class.
After some difficulties with persistence using jigadm I finally edited the
file "config/http-server.props" and appended my filter class name
"CWTDebugFilter" to the filters property. My line looks like this:-

 org.w3c.www.protocol.http.filters=org.w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter|org.w3c.www.protocol.http.CWTDebugFilter

I attach my filter in case this is useful. It captures the "POST" strings
passing through jigsaw when used as a proxy and the user is submitting a form
to a remote site.
It is less successful (but works sometimes!) at capturing the html page
contents as I don't fully understand how or when to tap into the input
streams without damaging them..
--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/