Re: serving pdf files ....

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Nitin Raut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to setup the server to serve pdf documents, but it does
> not do so.
> Is there any particular frame that must be attatched to the resource ??
> Or do we need to extend the frame resource in some way ???
>

> We are using Jigsaw2beta2.0 on Windows Nt 4.0, Win 95, and Win 98.

I just replied to the same request on the list, so I copy this answer
directly...

pdf is not in the standard mime type known in the basic setup of Jigsaw.
If you want to make this extension known to the whole server, you just
have to add it in the default indexer.
See http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/indexers.html
7/ is the point you need to read, to add the good mime type
After that pdf file resource will be created by the indexer.