proxy algorithms

From: Roman Dusek <dusek@club.cz>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 18:11:50 +0200
To: Jigsaw conference <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

I would like to place my own algorithms into Jigsaw (acting as proxy)
instead of contemporary heuristics and clean-up algorithms (I can be more
specific if somebody is interested). I've spent many hours examining the
way request is processed and response generated from cache or received from
origin server, but I'm still not sure about the principle enough.

Can anybody describe the way caching (hit/mis/revalidation) is performed in
the structure of Jigsaw?

Thanks a lot in advance,
R. Dusek