[www-jigsaw] <none>

moonjoo@saul.cis.upenn.edu writes:

> Hi
>
> I tried setting Jigsaw 2.0 beta as a proxy following a direction of new
> document and your help, but it doesn't work :(
>
> A problem is :
> When I edit properties-general ,i.e set root name as "proxy", then push
> commit button, I have a following error msg
> -------
> org.w3c.tools.resources.IllegalAttributeAccess: Illegal attribute value
> proxy for org.w3c.jigsaw.root.name
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.config.PropertySet.setValue(PropertySet.java:85)
>         at
> org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.remoteSetValues(BrokerFrame.java:300)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.extended(BrokerFrame.java:657)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.frames.HTTPFrame.perform(HTTPFrame.java:1108)
> ------

 This exception happen (in this case) when there is no resource called proxy
 in the root node of the server. Are you sure to have a resource called
 proxy in the root node? Did you put "proxy" or proxy in the root name field?
 this should be proxy (without any ").

> There is no such file as org.w3c.jigsaw.root.name(i.e org/w3c/jigsaw/root
> doesn't exist).  I guess I have to do sth more to specify jigsaw proxy
> files in properties-general.  But document doesn't specify it.
>
> Would you help me find what's wrong with it?
> THanks
>
> PS.  Should I change proxyPort in property-proxy field?  And also change
> port in properties-general field?

 No, this is only for proxy using another proxy instead of going to
 origin servers. See [1] for more details.

> PS2.  If possible would you tell me how to modify server.props and create
> porxy.props directly rather than by using jigAdmin?

  It's more complex, so you really should use JigAdmin.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/org.w3c.jigsaw.proxy.ProxyProp.html

 Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team