Another Problem with Servelts!

From: Wolfgang Platzer <wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:25:04 +0200
We are using 4 different servlets which all need one instance of one class
DBConnect. This one class is responsible for retrieving information from an
internal database.

But because every servlet has its own classloader I get 4 instances of
DBConnect.

How can I solve this problem.

Wolfgang Platzer

PS: Is there no documentation from Sun which specifies if there should be
used one classloader for each servlet or one classloader for all servlets?
Because this classloader incompatibility lets my servlets run on one server
but not on another. I thought Java+Servlets shall avoid these kinds of
problems.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Wolfgang Platzer
Technische Universitaet Graz - University of Technology Graz