Re: Problems with resource store!

From: Charles Stewart <boss@wire.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 16:40:47 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at
I would like to emphasise Wolfgang's comments on the resource stores. I
have experienced extensive and frequent stores corruption. The only
fix I have found is to reinstall !!

>2) We tried FrontPage for creating our Web pages. After publishing the pages
>to a new installed Jigsaw everything works fine. But after publishing some
>changed web pages again Jigsaw refused to notice them. The pages can not be
>seen with the JigAdmin tool and therefore can not be seen at the client.

I have found that if the newly added files are held within a
sub-directory from root, removing the subdirectory resource entirely (not
the actual directory) and then issuing an HTTP request for a newly
added file contained in the just deleted directory resource, leads Jigsaw to
successfully reindex and deliver the file.

>3) Is it possible to specify a default resource for extensions Jigsaw does
>recognize (e.g. dll, cab, ...)?

Are you asking for a default indexer which will index any file ?
If you are I use *default* with a content type of application/x-UNKNOWN

>Are there any plans to make the resource store more robust?
>When can expect a new version, because this one (1.0beta2) is useless for us
>(Last week I installed Jigsaw about 20 times!!!).

We reinstall about five times a week....
>Without these annoying resource store problems Jigsaw would be great
>server!!!

Sure would !!!