Putable Resources - changing attr on the fly

From: Paul Pazandak <pazandak@OBJS.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:09:57 -0600
To: Jigsaw Email List <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Why are there no public methods in FileResource to change the Putable-ness of
a file? I would like to be able to change this attribute on the fly. A simple hack is to
change the ATTR_PUTABLE to public from protected and then use setValue().
So, I don't have to keep modifying FileResource in successive versions could you
provide this or an alternative method (e.g. setPutable()), or explain any problems
by doing so?

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Pazandak                                      pazandak@objs.com
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.             http://www.objs.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420-5409                       612-884-9551