Attributes, AttributeHolders and dynamic arrays.

From: Noel Welsh <Noel.Welsh@platech.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:51:31 +0800
To: Jigsaw <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

Another question:

I'm trying to create a web-browsing type agent similar to WBI
(http://www.networking.ibm.com/wbi/wbisoft.htm) and WebMate
(http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~softagents/webmate/). I'm using Jigsaw as the
proxy that the user's requests go through (just started development).
Now everytime the user requests a resource that the system is tracking,
I want to fire an event to a bunch of listeners. Essentially, I'm trying
to build a filter that is a multicaster. Listeners dynamically register
themselves with the multicaster to receive events.

I assume I'd use an AttributeHolder to store the list of listeners, as I
want the list to be persistent. However, it doesn't look like an
AttributeHolder can be modified after compile-time. Is this correct? If
so, does anybody have any ideas on how to create a dynamic list of
attributes? Of course, since I just started using Jigsaw yesterday, I
may be totally off-track...

Thanks

-Noel