Jigsaw 2.0 beta2 unable to delete "bad" resources?

From: Dorab at Digicraft <dc@brandx.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 15:56:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I'm running a stock Jigsaw 2.0beta2 on a PowerMac 9600/120 using MacOS 8.1,
MRJSDK 2.0.1 final, JSDK2.0.  I created a servlet resource as suggested by
the instructions, but I put the .class file in a different location, but
one that was accessible from my CLASSPATH.  As mentioned in a previous
message, this servlet had an init() method and Jigsaw failed to initialize
this servlet.  After this, I was unable to delete the said resource via
Jigadm.  It would always say that the connection to the server failed.  I
had to finally recover by reinstalling the stores from an unmodified
distribution.  Needless to say, this was a problem and could have been much
worse if I had built up a lot of state that I'd have to recreate.  Why does
Jigsaw have the concept of binary, non-editable stores?  It seems rather
fragile, and difficult to recover from corruption.  At least if the stores
were text files, I could edit out the offending parts by using an editor.