Re: Servlet Exceptions.

Rui Gil writes:

> Hi, again !
>
> No, I didn't extract jsdk.jar. What do you mean by "some problems in
> particular cases"? does it have something to do with my configuration?
> I think it could'nt be more standard...
> JDK1.1.5 /classes.zip
> JSDK2.0 /jsdk.jar
> Jigsaw2.0 /jigsaw.zip
> win95,x86

 No problem with your configuration.

> here goes the error again, do you have any more sugestions ?
> > Servlet has thrown exception:java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.JigsawHttpServletRequest
>
> Jigsaw20 already come with servlet support, I dont have to
> recompile it, do I ?

 No you don't have to recompile it. I don't know what's happen with
 your configuration but you can try to put your servlet class in the
 CLASSPATH and set the auto-reload flag of the ServletWrapper to off.
 This should correct this error.

 In the next release, we will add a new servlet classloader, much more
 reliable.

 Regards, Benoit.

> Ciao, Rui Gil.
>
> Benoit Mahe wrote:
>
> >  Did you extract the content of jsdk.jar? If yes, this is the reason of
> >  the ClassCastException.
> >  Jigsaw use a specific ClassLoader for servlets and this could create
> >  some problems in that particular case. This problem will be solved
> >  in the next release.
> >
> >  Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team