Re: [Help] Indexer and Servlet directory, How to make indexing such a directory transparent ?

From: Tarang Kumar Patel <mombasa@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
CC: mombasa@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov, Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr

Hi,

  I wish to make use of Indexer, say "servlet-indexer" by which to index
reference my installed servlet directory  WWW/Servlets.

 I followed the "Indexer configuration" notes, but was unable to get the
 effect I wanted. In my configuration of "servlet-indexer" I configured
 "Servlets and servlets" directory names under "directories". I gave these
 directories : "...ServletDirectoryFrame". I created an extension: "class"
 with a : "...ServletWrapperFrame". Then when I created my "servlets"
 directoryResource, I index it with the newly created "servlet-indexer".

 However, when I attempt to use this in my URI, having copied JDK2.0
 servlet class files in the directory WWW/Servlets/, for example

 htpp://host:port/Servlets/SessionServlet

 I get "Invalid URL", even though the servlet "SessionServlet" clearly is
 displayed in the list of http://host:port/Servlets/

 What am I doing wrong here ?

 Many thanks for the response.

   Tarang