Re: [Help] Jigsaw 2.0beta2 and servlets & cgi-bin connfig

Tarang Kumar Patel writes:

> Hi,
>
>  Okay, I vouch that beta2 JigAdmin tool is lot cleaner and does what I expect
> .
>  I mean I managed to configure my Jigsaw web server in matter of an hour or
>  so, when with beta1.0 it took a month of Sundays.
>
>  So I have one problem, which I suspect someone will able toquickly point out
>  the problem. I configured my WWW/servlets directory, placed a
>  SessionServlet.class and a SnoopServlet.class as delivered with JSDK2.0. Whe
>  I attempt to run the either of these servlets I get the following error on t
> he
>  output stream.
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate name
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:228)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:206)
>         at org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.LocalServletLoader.loadClassFile(LocalServl

 Very strange error, never seen that before (in Jigsaw servlets).
 does it happens with every servlet? Did you test these servlets with
 the servletrunner? Which jdk are you using? Can you give me more
 details?

> If you are wondering what my CLASSPATH has then it is set to following:
>
> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/classes:/usr/local/JClasses/jsdk.jar:/usr/local/JClasse
> s/jigsaw.zip
>
> Apart from this can some one please answer the following questions :
>
>  [Q] In order to make use of a servlet files, do I have to configure each fil
>      in my WWW/servlets directory with org.w3c.jigsaw.servletServletWrapper
>      frame ?

 What is a servlet file? is it the class file? I'm not sure to understand
 your question.
 You can configure it by hand, but you can also create a servlet
 indexer.

>      Is there a way to have an indexer that the servlets directory is
>      resourced to.

 Yes you can configure an indexer in order to index all .class files
 to a ServletWrapper (with a servletWrapperFrame). see [1]

>  [Q] How do I get my cgi-bin configured  ?
>
>      I mean I have configured this with the CgiFrame, added a cgi perl script
>      (counter.pl) in this directory but am unable to have that script execute
> d. I get no
>      errors and instead the browser pops me into the WWW/cgi-bin directory,
>      and it only list the default "empty.txt" file in its menu.
>
>  [Q] Why does the cgi script that I have added to WWW/cgi-bin not show up as
>      list of files under
>
>        space
>         .
>         .
>         ---cgi-bin
>
>     When I open this folder in JigAdmin.
>
>  [Q] Do I have to Wrap the cgi script, much like the Servlet wrapper ?

 Yes, but you can create a cgi-indexer that create a
 FileResource+CGIFrame for each file in WWW/cgi-bin (see [1])

>  [Q] How does one switch off BROWSING some directories such as :
>
>      servlets/
>      cgi-bin/
>
>      The attributes have a "Browsable" radio button but it doesn't appear
>      to do what I thought.

 BROWSE is a special method of aolpress brother, not really useful.
 Don't take care about that.

>  I recall I had similar if not the same problem with Jigsaw2.0 beta1, with
>  no answers readily coming to rescue. I hope someone can help in this.
>
>  Many thanks for any response on the above topic, I'd appreciate a response
>  to my email address, as I do not get a chance to sample this list channel.
>
>    Tarang
>
> Tarang Kumar Patel.     WWW home:http://ic-www.arc.nasa.gov/ic/
> NASA Ames Research Center, MS 269-2, Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
> Email: mombasa@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov, Tel:(650) 604-4721 fax: (650) 604 3594
> Stated views are my own IDEA, as I'm another I.D.E.A man "I Didn't Explain Al
> l"

 [1] /Doc/User/indexers.html

 Benoît

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)