native method problems

From: Apu Kapadia <akapadia@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi,

For some reason Jigsaw loads a native library libhdf.so, but when I invoke
the native method, it gives me an UnsatisfiedLinkError. This implies that
the "Java Virtual Machine cannot find an appropriate native-language
definition of a method declared native".

I don't get this error when I run JSDK2.0/bin/servletrunner.

Any ideas? I'm using tcsh and am assuming the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is getting
exported correctly, as it does with servletrunner.

Thanks,
Apu.