Re: Memory problem

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 09:51:03 +0200
To: lsomchai@e7sun-1.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Somchai LIMSIRORATANA)
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Somchai LIMSIRORATANA writes:

> Dear sir,
> 	I install Jigsaw 2.0beta1 in a Sun sparc with Solaris 2.4 and JDK 1.1.6
> . Wh
> en it run and I check a process, I found, it use about 15% of system memory.
>  And when I browse a home page, it increase about 0.3%. But if that homepage
>  have a SSI, it increase about 1%.
> 	When I manage with JigAdmin(run on WinNT), I found, the memory increase
>  nea
> rly 17% and sometime over than that. Then, my system report many error messa
> ge:
> [MEMORY] sweeper done  -> 16 stores still loaded.
> [MEMORY] start sweeper <- 18 stores loaded.
> [MEMORY] sweeper done  -> 16 stores still loaded.
> [MEMORY] start sweeper <- 17 stores loaded.
> [MEMORY] sweeper done  -> 16 stores still loaded.
> [MEMORY] start sweeper <- 18 stores loaded.
> [MEMORY] sweeper done  -> 16 stores still loaded.
> [MEMORY] start sweeper <- 17 stores loaded.
> [MEMORY] sweeper done  -> 16 stores still loaded.

 These messages are not error messages, just debug, we will remove
 them.

> 	I thnik, it eat a memory so much. So, I restart the Jigsaw(by JigAdmin)

 Don't use restart, It doesn't work (there is a bug somewhere).

> . An
> d, the memory usage decrease from 28% to 22.3%. Then, I click the http-serve
> r tree again but the indexer return error message :
> 	RemoteAccessException : Unable to contacttarget server ....after 3 trie
> s.
>
> 	And in the properties resource, it was double. And the website is not s
> tabl
> e.
> 	Is this a problem of my system?(a low memory machine, 32M)
> 	Or, a problem of Jigsaw?

 No Jigsaw should be able to run with this configuration, but more
 memory would be better, do you have any other problem except the [MEMORY]
 message?

 Benoit

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team