Re: replace request

From: Lv, Qiang <qianglu@cis.njit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:49:29 -0500 (EST)
To: Paul Pazandak <pazandak@OBJS.com>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Paul Pazandak wrote:

> You should be able to simply modify the Request object and return it.
It seems I can not RETURN that Request object to Jigsaw core. I write my
filter's ingoingFilter method like this:

	Request AnotherRequest;
public Reply ingoingFilter(Request request) {
	if (conditons) {
		request = AnotherRequest;
	}
	return null;
}

But the fact is Jigsaw did not use the old request, instead of the new
AnotherRequest as its forward request. I think it is normal because that
request was passed to ingoingFilter just as an instance, what I did
within the ingoingFilter will not effect the outside request. Therefore
my following question araised.

Thanks,
Qiang