Re: Embedded Servlets!

From: Mike Moran <mikem@clearcut.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:59:30 +0000
To: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Benoit Mahe wrote:

> > How do Servlets in an html page (like Applets) work with Jigsaw?
[...]
>  There is a SSI command "servlet" which allows you to call servlet
>  from an HTML page:
>
>  The following example show you how to call SnoopServlet with some
>  parameters.
>
>  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" param="param1" value="foo" -->
>  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" param="param2" value="bar" -->
>  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" code="Servlets/class/SnoopServlet" -->
>
>  This must be in a .shtml file (indexed as a SSIResource).

	Is this .shtml restriction fixed? If so, I would find it very
	annoying since if, during the lifetime of a site (which may be on the
	order of months between major rebuilds), some pages need to now
	contain ssi and are named .html, then all links to them have to be
	updated. I am aware of the performance and security implications of
	enabling ssi "willy-nilly" but the choice to do so should be up to the
	author/publisher/hoster.

	Mike