Re: Are SocketClients dying?

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Wolfgang Platzer wrote:

> I am running Jigsaw with its default configuration. If then Jigsaw runs a
> week or so and I point my browser to /Admin/threads I get a page with a
> Thread dump. But there are socket clients missing. At this time the socket
> clients 1, 9 and 20 are missing, the last one is 23.
> Where are the missing ones? As I know after starting Jigsaw there are 32
> socket clients.

It is not a problem if a client disappear, as a new one will be created if
needed (of course if it disappears and the number of client in the
clientpool is not decremented, it IS a problem!). Do you reach a situation
where a netstat shows that there are only few connections and Jigsaw
doesn't want to create a new one?

> Wolfgang
>
> PS: In SocketClient.java line 222 (Jigsaw1beta2) there is the following
> line:
> socket.setSoTimeout(300000); // FIXME for debugging only

This has been added to close some ghost connections after a timeout. While
debugging the proxy I find out that some connection were considerered as
active, but they were closed on the other side. Some thread were "eaten".
This timeout has been set, but it should be a property instead...

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw