Using the server with a ISP

From: Ian the hunk Monk <ijm95c@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:45:28 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi,

As a dissertation I have developed a web site that allows interactive auctions on the net ... very common in the US.  I have used Jigsaw.  I am now woundering if I can get a ISP to allow me to put the server, my database and some background applications onto there domain.  Do any do this ?  I cant aford a permanent connection ... are there any other approaches if this one is not possible.

Cheers

Ian