Building our own jigadmin applets (was Re: about jigsaw 2.0alphala)

From: Mike Moran <mikem@clearcut.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:37:19 +0000
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
CC: Lei Gao <lgao@cs.utexas.edu>, www-jigsaw@w3.org
Yves Lafon wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Lei Gao wrote:
> >
> > I've just installed jigsaw 2.0alphala on my mechine. And when I pointed my
> > browser to /Admin/Editor/, I got the respond that the URL is not valid.
> >
> > I also played around with the beta version for couple
> > days, and I could not get access to /Admin/ after I setup authentication
> > for Admin directory, not even with my own password.
> >
> > I am a new user of jigsaw. I appreciate it if someone can drop me couple
> > lines to help me out.
> The last version of Jigsaw, (2.0) cannot be configured using the old
> form-based editor, you must use the jigadmin tool to configure the server.
> There is a basic documentation for this tool, check:
> http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/User/Administration/AdminTools.html
> Regards,

	I had a look at the jigadm applet, and had various problems with it,
	which I'll not go into here as I think they may be due to my jdk (linux
	1.1). However, because a couple of the problems are with the awt
	interface, I was wondering if the underlying jigadm packages were
	so as to allow other gui interfaces to be layered upon them. Similarly,
	I may wish to embed any such management api in some other application,
	internal use.

	Are the jigadm packages designed to allow such use?