Re: Error in SSIStream?

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 13:22:12 +0100
To: begall@nads.de
> Hi,
>
> I remember that there was an error in alpha5 in the SSIStream,
> that used up all filehandles on Unix systems.
>
> The thing was that there was no file.close() for the
> RandomAccessFile, so all the SSI-files were never closed.
>
> It seems to me that this bug still lives in beta1.
>

> BTW: Why are the variables (body...) in HtmlGenerator not
> protected, so one could enhance it and still use it in
> setStream().
>
> Bye,
> 	Christoph.

 You are right, there is no close for the RandomAccessFile of the
 SSIStream. The first version of SSIStream was written by someone
 else than me, and I don't know why the close() method of this file
 is not call. Do you remember if it's only a bug, or if it's a design
 problem ?
 I think that this close could be call in the close method of SSIStream.

 HtmlGenerator :
 I don't see what you want to do with the variable body (which is a
 StringBuffer), can you explain me exactly why you need to access
 this variable ?

 benoit.

 PS: sorry for the delay.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)