*Build Problems*

From: Walter Schilling <WalterS@eclipseint.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:51:29 -0700
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I've been trying to build the most current version of Jigsaw1.0 beta1,
without much luck.

Currently, when I use SUN's jdk1.1.4 I get the following errors:
D:\http\Jigsaw\src\classes\w3c\tools\resources>make
Compiling  Resource.java
Resource.java:10: Package w3c.tools.resources.event not found in import.
import w3c.tools.resources.event.*;
       ^
1 error
make: Error code 1

D:\http\Jigsaw\src\classes\w3c\tools\resources>cd event

D:\http\Jigsaw\src\classes\w3c\tools\resources\event>make
Compiling  StructureChangedEvent.java
StructureChangedEvent.java:8: Package w3c.tools.resources not found in
import.
import w3c.tools.resources.*;
       ^
1 error
make: Error code 1
It looks like circular dependencies between w3c.tools.resources and
w3c.tools.resources.event.

DO I HAVE THE WRONG SOURCE CODE?
HAVE I FLUBBED SOME CONFIGURATION ISSUE?

BTW, CLASSPATH=\http\Jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip.

The Platform is NT4.0 SP3.

I've upgrade all compilers to the latest versions and I still have
problems.

I started with VC++ (and IE4.0) and upgraded with Microsoft's
SDK-Java2.0.

I now also have SUN's jdk1.1.4 AND the same build problems.

What Make is workable in this environment?

Apparently,  Jigsaw's make files will not work with nmake;  am I
correct?

MKS Make required me to copy the file.make and package.make to each
subdirectory, in order to traverse the subdirectories.

"make MAKEDIR = $(MAKEDIR)'  generates:"
"Warning -- Attempt to redefine macro `MAKEDIR' failed"

Thanks in advance,

Walt