Perl CGI and binary requests

From: Payam Mirrashidi <payam@cybernetic.triptonite.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:19:51 -0700
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I've got some legacy Perl CGI scripts that I would like to
use with Jigsaw on windows but am having some problems. When I try
to return an image, say MIME type "image/jpeg", STDOUT
is getting closed when the first ^Z is sent across the stream.
I've tried setting binmode(STDOUT) but that doesn't seem
to be affecting it.

I'm still not convinced this is a Jigsaw problem but I'd to rule
that out. Is there something I can do to Jigsaw so that I know
that it will read in the entire stream using the Content-Length
header instead of doing partial read? I'm assuming this
is windows control Z weirdness and that there is some setting
somewhere that will fix this.

Here's a sample Perl script which tries to send a text stream
with a control Z embedded in it. The output from Jigsaw is:

CGI Test

binmode( STDOUT );

print <<EOM;

<h1>CGI Test</h1>