Re: JigAdmin exception with MS Beta SDK

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, John Brown wrote:

> If I run JigAdmin with Microsoft's Beta 2 of SDK 2.0
> under Windows I get the following exception the
> instant that I click on the 'root' folder:
>
> C:\Jigsaw1\Jigsaw\Jigsaw>jview w3c.jigadm.Main http://localhost:8009
> Exception occurred during event handling:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
>  w3c/tools/widgets/TreeBrowser:
>  method itemAt(I)Lw3c/tools/widgets/TreeNode;
>  is inaccessible
>         at w3c/tools/widgets/TreeBrowser$BrowserMouseListener.mousePressed
>         at java/awt/Component.processMouseEvent
>         at java/awt/Component.processEvent
>         at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl
>         at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent
>         at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run

As said in the Inner Classes Specification:
"An inner class is part of the implementation of its enclosing class (or
classes). As such, it has access to the private members of any enclosing
class."
so, the private itemAt method of w3c.tools.widget.TreeBroswer is
accessible from its inner class
w3c.tools.widgets.TreeBrowser$BrowserMouseListener
You should switch to another Java interpreter that handles well inner
classes.

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw