HTTP/1.0 with w3c.www.http.HttpReplyMessage

From: Chris Hubick <hubick@defiant.synapse.med.ualberta.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 18:29:55 -0600 (MDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

	I am trying to write a simple HTTP/1.0 web server using the
w3c.www.http classes.  I can't figure out how to get the HttpReplyMessage
class to emit an HTTP/1.0 version.  startEmit uses HTTP.byteArrayVersion,
how do I override this?  If I want to overide startEmit, I need
access to HttpBuffer (which is private for some good reason according to
the docs).  I got it to work by hacking HttpBuffer to be public and
overriding startEmit in my Reply subclass.  Should I just copy
ttpBuffer to my package? How else can I do this?

			Your help is much appreciated, Thanks!