Re-indexing a servlet directory

From: Ross Golder <rossg@cpd.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:15:07 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Okay, I have a directory in the Jigsaw/WWW hierarchy called 'cybertrax'.
In this I created a directory called 'servlet'. In 'servlet', I added my
servlet class hierarchy (e.g. UK/co/cpd/cybertrax/xxx.class).

I go into /Admin/ and add a resource to 'cybertrax', called 'servlet'
using 'w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectory'. This seems fine.

I then add a resource called 'UK.co.cpd.cybertrax.Menu' to 'servlet'
using 'w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper', and amend the servlet
classname to 'UK.co.cpd.cybertrax.Menu'. The resources list of 'servlet'
now contains 'UK' (the directory) and 'UK.co.cpd.cybertrax.Menu'.  I can
now invoke my servlet by the URL

I then edit the properties for 'cybertrax/servlet' and choose to reindex
all. This removes the UK.co.cpd.cybertrax.Menu resource, but leaves the
'UK' resource (as expected). Why would re-indexing remove resources like

Am I doing things as you would expect for someone trying to add servlet

Please forgive the stupid questions, but I'm still trying to get a feel
for all this.

Ross Golder
Technical Dept
CPD Ltd, Whetstone, London, N20 9LD.