deleting files

From: Dr. Gordon Dakin <gad@hunchuen.crystaliz.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:41:04 -0400
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

I'm using an extension of FileResource to transfer files between a
client and a server.  A side effect of my program is to read and write
various local files while the request is being processed.  A problem
I'm having, which is really more of a Java problem than a Jigsaw problem,
is that any miscellaneous local files I create during a request cannot
be deleted afterwards by a second Java program, even though the file
permissions are "archive".  So although I can delete the files manually,
my "other" Java program cannot do so using the Java File.delete() method,
and a security exception is generated.  Any suggestions?

-- gad