Re: JigsawHttpServletResponse.setHeader()

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:59:28 +0200
To: Payam Mirrashidi <payam@netmosphere.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org, bmahe@www43.inria.fr
> I'm having a strange problem with JigsawHttpServletResponse setHeader() method.
> For some reason, its not working for me in a very obvious case. I can't
> seem to do a setHeader for "Set-Cookie". The result of the following class is:
> "Set-Cookie=false". Am I going about this wrong? Making wrong assumptions
> about what I can and can not set? This works with srun and I'm trying to figure
> out what behaviour I'm depending on so that it doesn't work with jigsaw.
>
> I traced through the code that does this and noticed that the lower level
> implementation
> does a toLowerCase() on the keys being added. Could this be the cause of the
> problem?
>

> import java.io.*;
> import javax.servlet.*;
> import javax.servlet.http.*;
>
> public class tester extends HttpServlet {
>   protected void doGet (HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
>        throws ServletException, IOException
>     {
>       res.setContentType("text/html");
>       res.setHeader("Set-Cookie","TONE=BASS");
>       boolean contains = res.containsHeader("Set-Cookie");
>
> res.getOutputStream().print("<HTML><BODY>Set-Cookie="+contains+"</BODY></HTML>");
>
>     }
> }

 I think it's a bug in the containsHeader method of JigsawHttpServletResponse.

  public boolean containsHeader(String header) {
    return request.hasHeader(header);
  }

  must be

    public boolean containsHeader(String header) {
    return reply.hasHeader(header);
  }

 The Set-Cookie Header is set correctly (in reply) but the containsHeader
 method look at the request object.

World Wide Web Consortium                       bmahe@sophia.inria.fr
Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team               tel : 04 93 65 79 89