Re: ? Minimal Set of classes to run JUST a proxy...

From: Paul Pazandak <pazandak@OBJS.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 07:16:34 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Benoit Mahe wrote:

> > Is there any list of classes (or means to tell what the minimal
> > set of classes required is) to run jigsaw solely as a proxy
> > with some filtering capabilities?  I'd like to reduce the
> > size of the zip file to include only the files needed.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul.
>
>  Such a list doesn't exists but you could remove the
>  following packages :
>
>  w3c.www.mux
>  w3c.www.pics
>  w3c.tools.resources
>  w3c.tools.sexpr
>  w3c.cvs
>  w3c.jigsaw.cvs
>  w3c.jigsaw.pics
>  w3c.jigsaw.servlets
>  w3c.jigsaw.ssi
>
>  If you don't want to use JigAdmin you could remove these too:
>
>  w3c.tools.widget
>  w3c.jigadm
>
>  can I ask you a question, why to you want to reduce the size of the
>  zip file ?

I am looking at Jigsaw as a local proxy server, and so I want to reduce the
zip file to reduce user download time, as well as remove all unnecessary
files.  As I have NO control over my ISP's server, this would allow one
to provide some client-side extensions that most browsers (like NS) simply
cannot support (at this time).

Thanks for thie list about, it reduced the zip by about 25%... but can we
do better than this?

Paul.

Paul Pazandak                                      pazandak@objs.com
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.             http://www.objs.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420-5409                       612-881-6498