CGI on Windows...

From: Larry Bouthillier <larry@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 23:19:54 -0400
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I've just gotten the Jigsaw server running on Windows NT 4.0.  I'm finding
that configuring the Directory and FileExtension Resources is difficult,
even after reading all the documentation.

I'm planning to port a Perl-CGI application that I've written to a servlet
implementation that will run on Unix and NT.  At the moment, I'm trying
first to set up Jigsaw to run my app as it is.  Then I'll start rewriting
it in Java and learning servlets.

So far, I've been unable to configure .pl as an extension resource that
executes my scripts.  I've set up an extension indexer for "pl",  set its
interpreter line to c:\perl\bin\perl.exe (and tried forward slashes, too),
set no-headers (since my scripts do that).  When I access a .pl URL, I get
the perl source code displayed in my browser.  Htrml pages in the same
directory display properly.

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks,

Larry