W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-jigsaw@w3.org > September to October 1997

found the real problem with beta1

From: Frederic Crozat ISIMA <crozat@opgc16.univ-bpclermont.fr>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:29:40 +0200
Message-Id: <9709020829.AA23943@opgc16.univ-bpclermont.fr>
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I've finally found where my problems come from !!

First, I use an old Netscape 3.0 Gold on Digital Unix and sometimes, it
doesn't correctly connect to Jigsaw which reports :
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.setOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:169)
       at java.net.Socket.setTcpNoDelay(Socket.java:311)
       at w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.run(httpd.java)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

If I click reload, it works.

Second, I've used the upgrade procedure from alpha5 to beta1
but the procedure doesn't remove the Extensions and Directory link in
Admin (which aren't used anymore) nor it adds the new Indexers link !!

Sorry for all the stuff I wrote about IndexerResource !
BTW, in src/classes/w3c/tools, some directories had been added
(resources, etc..) but it seems they shouldn't.

Frederic Crozat
crozat@opgc.univ-bpclermont.fr
 
in
Received on Tuesday, 2 September 1997 04:29:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 9 April 2012 12:13:26 GMT