PUT in 1.0b doesn't work correctly for new files.

From: Paul Pazandak <pazandak@OBJS.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 14:06:22 -0500
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
In 1.0b PUT does not work correctly using NS 4.0x (at least)
for _new_ files (it works fine for files that have already been
stored on the server).

Instead, an empty file is created on the server. I am guessing that
since the new resource hasn't been made PUTABLE this is the
reason the file is empty.  As soon as I change the empty resource
to putable I can publish updates to it fine.

I'd also guess that if the directory is PUTABLE that all new files
put to it should automatically be made PUTABLE...

Paul.

Paul Pazandak                                      pazandak@objs.com
Object Services and Consulting, Inc.             http://www.objs.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55420-5409                       612-881-6498