servlets

From: Paul Walker <Paul_Walker@pegasus.us.dell.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 01:10:05 -0600
To: "www-jigsaw@w3.org" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Can anyone provide help on using servlets with beta1 ?
I am on a win32 platform, compiled the servlet patches previously posted
to this list,
and updated my classes.zip file. I was successful in creating a
ServletDirectory resource
and creating a ServletWrapper (called SimpleService) for the
SimpleServlet.class
that comes with Sun's jsdk. I seem to be having troubles with the
mandatory servlet-class
attribute. The docs indicate this should be a subclass of
java.servlet.Servlet.
If I put SimpleServlet.class there with the resouce editor I get a
browser error
of No Data. If I try paths or URLs I get a "Servlet not configured
properly" error.

Can anyone help me get this working ?
Thanks in advance.

Paul Walker