Re: Digging through ssi package

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:30:37 +0100
To: begall@nads.de
> > There was another more weird thing: In Segment.java init() will
> > always return null, as far as I can see. Could comment on this?

 You're right, its a bug. Let me explain you, now you can use a new kind
 of SSICommand called ControlCommand (used to make loop and test). These
 commands can't be executed before the reading of the SSIStream, so we
 are unable to know if the SSIResource will be modified or not before.
 Actually the design of SSIResource doesn't allows us to correct this
 problem, but in the next version we will probably modify this design.

 However the init method of Segment.java has a bug:

  modify the last "return null;" by

 "return resource.createDefaultReply(request, w3c.www.http.HTTP.OK);"

 then the SSIResource will never return a NOT MODIFIED Reply.

 So now SSIResource are more powerful but slower too (only when you reload
 them). In the next version we will correct this problem.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team

  http://www.w3.org/People/Mahe - bmahe@w3.org - +33.4.93.65.79.89