Re: JigAdmin exception with MS Beta SDK

From: Brian Oxley <binkley@pcdocs.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:23:32 -0500
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I'm running Jigsaw 1.0beta1 with the release version of MS Java SDK 2.0,
and do not see this problem.

--binkley

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, John Brown wrote:> > If I run JigAdmin with
Microsoft's Beta 2 of SDK 2.0> under Windows I get the following
exception the> instant that I click on the 'root' folder:> >
C:\Jigsaw1\Jigsaw\Jigsaw>jview w3c.jigadm.Main <http://localhost:8009>>
Exception occurred during event handling:>
java.lang.IllegalAccessError:> w3c/tools/widgets/TreeBrowser:> method
itemAt(I)Lw3c/tools/widgets/TreeNode; > is inaccessible> at
w3c/tools/widgets/TreeBrowser$BrowserMouseListener.mousePressed> at
java/awt/Component.processMouseEvent> at
java/awt/Component.processEvent> at
java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl> at
java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent> at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run As
said in the Inner Classes Specification:"An inner class is part of the
implementation of its enclosing class (or classes). As such, it has
access to the private members of any enclosing class."so, the private
itemAt method of w3c.tools.widget.TreeBroswer is accessible from its
inner class w3c.tools.widgets.TreeBrowser$BrowserMouseListenerYou should
switch to another Java interpreter that handles well inner classes.
Regards, /\ - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium - /\ / \
Architecture Domain - Jigsaw / \ \/\ / \ / \
<http://www.w3.org/People/Lafon> - ylafon@w3.org