RMI and Jigsaw

From: Ian the hunk Monk <ijm95c@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:03:28 +0000
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

I have just been writting a interactive web site consisting mainly
of applets, including forms, real time data displaying, etc.

I was not using a server at the time as I was only developing and
testing on a standalone computer.

I was using the RMI package to create a link between the applets and
my database ( to simulate remote connection ).

However I have recently discovered Jigsaw.  I am in the process of
working it all out and would like to know how the integration Jigsaw
would work with the RMI package.

For example would I still need to use the RMI server running at the
same time as the Jigsaw package.  Any help would be appeciated.

Cheers
Ian