Why did statistics change?

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:10:25 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > How come getServerLoad(),  getFreeThreadCount(),  getIdleThreadCount() ,
 > getTotalThreadCount() in HttpdStatistics all got changed to return -1 in
 > Alpha5? I see that there is some commented out code to do the "right"
 > thing.

This happened when more genericity was introduce in the httpd/client
interface. The main httpd class now uses properties to determine which
kind of client pool it should use. The statistics part of the former
interface has not been retrofitted yet into the "new" generic API
(ie you may have a very crude client pool that has no notions of idle,
free threads, etc).

Anselm.