Re: Servlet/SSI question

From: Jeff Dripps <jeff@macalot.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:49:13 -0500
To: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
>Jeff Dripps writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am pretty new to servlets and am trying to exectute servlet code from
> > within an .shtml file. Can someone please give me some advice (i.e., and
> > example) of how this can be accomplished? TIA sinc, -jeff
>You can just use std server side include command (haven't heckd it but
>it should wortk):
>/servlet/myservlet mapped to your servlet
>Than in .shtml:
>should work (let me know if it doesn't). BTW the <servlet> tag doesn't

Hi Anselm,

No this doesn't work on the Mac platform, due to the lack of support for
Runtime.exec() in the Mac VMs.

Could you give me some brief advice, if I were to attempt to implement an
SSI <servlet> tag command? i.e., ServletCommand.java

Many thanks. sinc, -jeff

PS: Anselm, are you still receiving private mail sent to <abaird@w3.org>? I
sent a couple of messages to this address, concerning servlet problems
recently. You've probably just been very busy, but I wanted to make sure
that was still a valid address, as now I see you are using
<abaird@www43.inria.fr>. tks

Jeffrey T. Dripps            jeff@macalot.com
Macalot Software             http://www.macalot.com
Jigsaw Server Info http://www.macalot.com/Jigsaw_on_Macintosh.html
Macintosh Communications Software since 1984
(voice) 412-846-1838 (fax) 412-846-5311