Re: Trouble creating directory templates

Amy Fong wrote:

> Everytime I try to do a "Add directory" in directory templates,
> it always replies with "Document contains no data" and in the errlog,
> I keep getting:
>
> client-1: caught ClientException: [w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException] null
>
> And it never gets added. Any ideas?

I have exactly the same problem and don't know how to solve it.
Everything works just fine in Jigsaw version 1.0alpha3, but in 1.0alpha5
the described problem arises. I have tried with different versions of JDK,
but without luck. This is obviously a problem that would have been
discovered by the Jigsaw team, in case it were a bug. It must be me
who is doing something wrong. Nevertheless I sent a "bug report" to
jigsaw@w3.org last week. After joining the mailing list I feel that
this list might be a better place to drop my report. Here it is:

Dear Jigsaw developers

I have successfully installed and started Jigsaw 1.0alpha5. I go to
/Admin/Directories, get the desired form called "Defined directories" and
see that User and WWW are already defined. I now want to add a new template,
therefore I click on link "Add directory" and correctly get the form called
"Add a new directory." I fill in "Name:" with "TestDir" and "Class:" with
"w3c.jigsaw.resources.DirectoryResource". Finally I push the OK button.

The following happens: In the browser window a blank page appears, and a
pop-up window says "Document contains no data". Meanwhile the shell windows
from which Jigsaw was started emits (Jigsaw tracing has been turned on) the
following error messages:

POST /Admin/Directories/Add+directory HTTP/1.0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive