Don't understand SimpleResourceStore

From: Christoph Begall <begall@nads.de>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:18:52 +0000
To: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
Hi,
  I wrote a Resource that makes a new Resource and registers it to its
Parent-directory...  everything fine.
  As I want to be sure that all attributes of that new Resource are
saved properly to disk (I don't want to lose any data if jigsaw is
killed), I called something like
      getResourceStore().save()
in the Resource that registered the new Resource.
  This worked fine when I did it only once and killed the server: when
jigsaw was started again the resource was perfectly restored. Then I
did the same thing with more resources (calling save() every time)
I could only recover the first one correctly after killing the server.
  Then I digged through Jigsaw-src and ended up in SimpleResourceStore:
internalSave(boolean). There a new Hashtable nresources is made and
set to resources at the end. All ResourceIndex-objects in this
Hashtable are newly made, so they are not "synchronized" with the
ATTR_STORE_ENTRY-attribute of the resource: The store-entry will stay
old. Can that lead to the problem and is it a bug. (I don't really
think it is so, but I don't see the point.)

Thanks,
	Christoph.

--
Christoph Begall                begall@NADS.de
NADS GmbH                       NADS - Advertising on Nets