Re: Handling of redirections

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 17:54:26 +0200 (MET DST)
To: mark@intraspect.com
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mark Friedman writes:
 > I see. I guess I was just using the wrong API (I was using HTTPManager).
 > So if I had a URL hanging around what would be the best/easiest way to
 > get that URL and have redirection done automatically? Perhaps, another
 > way of phrasing the question is: how can I get access to the
 > HttpURLConnection API? Its constructor isn't public, so I assume that
 > there is some other, public, way to make use of it.

Run your your java app with:
java -Djava.protocol.packages=w3c.www.protocol

Them just do the usual code:
URLConnection c = url.openConnection();
c is now an instance opf w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection (you
can even cast it, but you shouldn't need to)

Anselm.
btw I cant remember the exact name of the property check the java
sources if it doesn't work ;-)