CGI output lossage

From: Andy Norman <ange@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 15:02:24 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Apologies if this is a FAQ.

When attempting to run cgi-bin scripts under Jigsaw, it looks like sometimes
the complete output from the script being run isn't being returned.  It isn't
deterministic how much of the output actually gets back to the client.  If I
run a fast program like /bin/echo, sometimes I get the text, sometimes nothing
gets back.

I suspect that this is a bug in either HP's port of JDK 1.02 or a standard bug
in 1.02 to do with data being lost when the process exits, but if anybody has
seen this before and knows of a good workaround, please post.

						-- ange -- <><

http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ange		ange@hplb.hpl.hp.com