CacheFilter Question

From: Ranjani Ramamurthy <ranjani@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:33:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Cc: ranjani@CS.Cornell.EDU (Ranjani Ramamurthy)
Hi,
	I am using a CacheFilter in my Resource and am having a problem
	with modifying the value of the default attribute.

	I would like to be able to change the value of defaultMaxAge
	attribute. I *derived* a class from CacheFilter ( as all attributes
	are protected variables ) - and tried using a setValue();

	i.e.
	int index = CacheFilter.ATTR_DEFAULT_MAX_AGE; ==> which gives me
				  the index into the AttributeRegistry
	Integer new_val = new Integer(<new value>);
	setValue(index,new_val);

	This compiles just fine - but on execution, just hangs - like
	it is stuck on a wait() someplace.

	I have looked at the source code for both Resource as well
	as AttributeHolder and it does'nt seem like any exception is
	being thrown. I also checked to see if ATTR_DEFAULT_MAX_AGE
	matches the actual index in the registry - and it does..

	So whats going on.. All I want to do is to modify the default
	value in CacheFilter. Can somebody please throw some light on
	this.

	Thanks in advance,

	Ranjani
--