Re: Problem on using Cgi problem.

From: Paul Pang <cwpang@cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:27:14 +0800 (HKT)
To: Anselm Baird-Smith <abaird@w3.org>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Anselm,

> That's really weird...I guess you have left the "interpretor"
> attribute empty (when exporting native-code cgi ?) If not that's the
> problem;

Bingo, i didn't fill in anything inside the "interpretor" attribute.
Since my users may use different kind of tools to write the cgi program.
ie. perl script, c shell script, and even though a binary executable file.

> otherwise, could you provide more details (the weird thing is
> that beyond the "interpretor" attribute, Jigsaw really relies on
> System.exec to run CGI scripts,

I suspect this is the problem that my user is using some shared
library to build the binary executable. And this is the line in
his makefile : -

gcc -o abc.cgi abc.c -L/user_path/library -luser_shared_lib
-I/user_path/include

If the binary executable is compiled without any "-L" or "-l"
switches, the abc.cgi can run properly. Is it the problem
raising from the "shadow" of the path by the Jigsaw Server
and thus the abc.cgi program can't see "user_path/library" ??

*  Name : Paul Pang (^ӧ)           . +      .    o       *
*  http://www.cs.cuhk.hk/~cwpang           .      *       .  *
*  M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering             .    *
*  The Chinese University of Hong Kong     .       .       . *