Servlets again...

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:46:28 +0200 (MET DST)
To: hvram@wipinfo.soft.net
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Harihara Vinayak Ram writes:
 > Hi,
 > 	Using the procedure Anselm outlined I was able to run servlets. Now I
 > have a couple of problems.
 >
 > 1) I am unable to pass parameters to the servlets. I use the method as described
 > of having the servlet-parameters attribute. But in my servlet if I use the
 > getParameters() method, it throws a NullPointer exception.

Several things:
- I think Jigsaw returns null instead of an empty enumeration if there
  is no init parameters for the servlet (I guess it's a bug)
- If you really have set some params (using the correct syntax ?
  didn't forget to press ok ?), could you send me the stack trace

 > 2) I pass a query to the Servlet as follows :
 > 	/servlet/Test?ip=xx.yy.zz.aa
 >
 >    This works. But if I pass one parameter as in
 > 	/servlet/Test?ip=xx.yy.zz.aa?name="mine"
 >
 > Then I get a Java implementation error..

Again, a stack trace would help, running Jigsaw in trace mode should
display the trace.

Thanks,