Servlet Help

From: Anselm Baird_Smith <abaird@www43.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:42:46 +0100 (MET)
To: hvram@wipinfo.soft.net
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Harihara Vinayak Ram writes:
 > > Are you sure you need to extend ServletWrapper ?
 > 	I am not sure. But my understanding on reading the documentation was
 > that this is the only way I can run Servlets under Jigsaw. Is there any other
 > way of doing this...

Wow, no ! You don't have to create new resources to run Servlets. Say
you have a servlet class named myservlet.class (reachable from your
Jigsaw CLASSPATH):

a) In Jigsaw create a servlets subdirectory (eg
   Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/servlets), and index it as a
   ServletDirectoryResource.
b) Add a ServletWrapper resource to the ServletDirectory,
c) Set the ServletWrapper 'servlet-class' attribute to 'myservlet'
d) Set any init parameters by editing 'servlet-parameters'. The way to
   do this is to have several lines containing:
   <paramname> <paramvalue>
   One for each parameter

You're all set !